The mission of the corporation is to share information, develop expert consensus, support and provide educational programs/ projects and publish papers and guidelines on issues related to the practice of school nursing as that practice relates to the overall health and educability of the nation’s school—age children and youth. (Articles of Incorporation (1988), pg.1 Article II, Purpose).
- Network and connect with other state school nurse consultants for support and advice.
- Make your voice heard with opportunities to tell policymakers what you think.
- Meet face-to-face twice a year, with professional development opportunities and sharing of ideas.
- Membership email list provides communication among members.
- Publications are available to members that will support their work as consultants.
- Be a voice to advance the school nursing profession.
To become a NASSNC member an applicant must be a professional registered nurse responsible for statewide consultation for school health services and be employed by a state department of education, a state department of health (or other state agencies as they are titled in their respective states).
Benefits of Membership (Review testimonials about membership advantages)
You’ve been a member of NASSNC. You know the power of this mighty group of school nurse leaders. The organization would benefit from your expertise and experience having been a state school nurse consultant. Help us continue the advocacy for children’s health and learning!
To Renew Your Membership complete the 2021 NASSNC Membership Renewal Form
For questions about membership please contact Bette Carr.